- Voting is the sacrament of the civil religion. I’m a political atheist.
- Not voting bugs the regime, and no wonder. Such abstinence, like not complying in other ways, weakens them. What if they held an election and nobody came?
- It’s a pain in the neck.
- Your vote doesn’t count, unless the election is decided by a single vote. You are far more likely to be killed on the way to the polls than to have that happen.
- The candidates itch to rule others. There is no lesser evil.
- Politics is not our salvation. Indeed, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.